05 March, 2013

California






Last Saturday morning we packed up our little family (while we are still 3) to go to California to visit my best friend, Tamara. Cody has always told me that we could go out there the next time his work flew him to LA—he knows a girl has to see her BFF and we know we won't be traveling any great distances for a while after Ian comes home. (One up side to all Cody's traveling is the airline points!! We all flew for free.) Tamara just had a sweet baby boy two months ago and has never gotten to meet Mae. It's been way too long.    
This was Mae's first time flying since she came home two years ago. She was so great! She thought flying was a ton of fun and kept herself entertained the whole time. This was a great trial run before we take her on the 24 hour trip to China. 

We flew into LA and still had a 4 hour trip to get to Santa Margarita where John and Tamara live. We drove up 101 and every single turn along the way was breathtaking. I was praising our Creator the whole way.  I have never been any where as beautiful as California. Mountains on one side and crashing waves on the other. It was a sight to see. 

Speaking of beauty... I had no idea what John and Tamara's house looked like. Cody and I were stunned by the beauty that surrounded their home. They wouldn't want me bragging but they have acres upon acres of fields of hay, ponds, horses, sheep and cows. And if that isn't cool enough they have quads and a gun range. Their property is surrounded by lush green mountains and the view in every direction is magnificent. Their property has been in John's family for years and is certainly a treasure.
 Our little family took a quad out to explore the property with them.
Mae didn't know what to think about the very personable horses.
 Tamara and me with baby Zeke - it was Zeke's first adventure on the quads (:
 Landon (age 12) taking a turn shooting the rifle. Landon and Ally (age 10) really impressed us with their skills.

Cody and John left to go work during the week, so it gave Tamara and me time to just be together.  She took me all over to the cities nearby, so I could see all the things I'd heard her tell me about for years. The nights were awesome too; a bowl of ice-cream and girl talk (:  

 Cody was done with work on Thursday and so Friday we went out to the beach.
This is Morro Bay and it is overwhelming how beautiful it is. We don't see beaches like this on the East coast (granted they are beautiful too... just nothing that looks like this). The thing that gets my spine tingling is these mountains in the distance.
The girls set up the umbrella and soaked in the sun while the boys went surfing. Look at precious baby Zeke. I miss him so much. 

 Mae and Ally built a sand castle (I did miss our white sand, mae was filthy).

 Cody got to see his friend from high school, Dustin. Dustin lives right across the street from this beach.  Cody had never surfed before so Dustin showed him how and graciously let him borrow his suit and board.

Landon has surfed before and it was so fun seeing him catch wave after wave.  He did splendid out there. All of them were seriously tired afterward. 
 I love this place.
 Tamara and I had to hug our goodbyes...
And our little family hated to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...