19 February, 2013

Rescued


I'm going to try my best to write why we felt like "rescued" needed to be our mantra, why we decided to get our shirts with this one word. Most of you would immediately think it was because we are rescuing our sweet boy from a life of growing up in an orphanage and without a family.  We are grateful for this and can't wait to get him in our arms... but for Ian, he will not look at us and feel grateful; he will feel like we kidnapped him.  He will be ripped from everything he knows in one day—his nannies, his bed, his friends, his routine, what he eats... all of a sudden, strange looking people will have him and will be speaking gibberish to him.  He may try his hardest to tell us what he wants, in words that have always worked for him before, but we will not understand him.  These children will experience great loss with their gain.  Please, please be in prayer with us for their hearts and for healing. 

We normally don't write about the hard parts.  We want this blog to be a place we can share our triumphs in our journey... and the beautiful gift of our children.  The truth is that it is the hard parts that have taught me the most.  Every day is a hard day, truthfully.  If you see me, I will have a smile on my face, but I am in anguish too.  Our son is growing up every day, getting older. More time is passing that I do not know him—and this time will remain unknown.  Every day I wake up and know he is going to bed; I know the time of day and the weather there.  We have a few pictures of his sweet face and very few details.  I am dying to know him.

I did the same thing with Mae, and it tore my heart out.  But we've been on the other side of it now.  We have witnessed the unbelievable story of how God had a perfect child for us that does not share our DNA and was born half-way around the planet. How can I not praise God for letting me be this child's mother.  Here's where I realize that our heavenly Father feels this way about me, about you.  Did you know that the Bible says that  he adopted you as his own children? 

So I painfully wait for the day that I can hold my son.  We will travel great distances to get him.  And no matter how much he cries and struggles, we will be there with him.  GOD has done it for me.  God rescued me.

Galatians 4:4-6
But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, "Abba, Father."


John 1:12 - 
But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. 

Psalm 13:5 -

I trust in your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because you have rescued me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...